You must be 18 years or older to purchase wine from this website. By agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming that you are over 18 years of age and that you are not purchasing wine in order to supply to minors under the age of 18.
Delivery is free for case lots (12 x 750ml bottles) within NZ
Delivery charges for international orders will be calculated dependant on your location and displayed prior to checkout.
Please contact us for details. +64 3 445 414
Who we are
The Wooing Tree Vineyard is owned and operated by Wooing Tree Holdings Ltd, a limited liability company registered in New Zealand. Our website address is: https://www.wooingtree.co.nz.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you opt to use one of our website’s contact forms, we will receive your name, email address and message content via email. This data will be stored indefinitely but not used for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Anonymised visitor data is collected and stored via Google Analytics. All Personally Identifiable Information is removed from this data prior to it becoming available to us.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell your personal data to other parties for any purpose. Please see “Where we send your data” to learn how where we send your data to allow us to provide our services to you.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, have left comments, signed up for our newsletters or purchased from our online store, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We may also need to share your data (such as name, delivery address and phone number) with courier and/or delivery service providers to allow us to deliver goods to you when you place an order with us via this website.
Our contact information
We can be contacted via email, phone, and post via the following details:
Phone: +64 3 445 4142
Post: 64 Shortcut Road, Cromwell, Central Otago, New Zealand
Online Sales – What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping rates
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for a minimum of seven years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example, when you place an order on our site, we will need to share your delivery address with our courier to facilitate delivery. We do not sell any personal data to third parties.
How we protect your data
Our website uses site-wide SSL, meaning the connection between your device and the website is secured with industry standard encryption protocols to protect your data while it is in transit.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the event of a data breach we will take the necessary steps to rectify the vulnerability. In the event that any personal information is compromised, we will notify you of this as well as the information contained in the breach within 72 hours of discovery.
Wine Club Terms & Conditions
The below Terms & Conditions apply to all Wine Club members upon joining the club. By Joinig the Wooing Tree Wine Club, you agree to the following:
1. You have signed up to a one-year contract, comprised of 2 half yearly, consecutive shipments. This membership will automatically renew unless you notify us of your desire to cancel your membership. You have chosen to belong to one of three specific Club Types that defines what wine is in each half yearly shipment: Blondie Club, only Blondie will be sent to you; Winemaker Selection Club, a mixture of wines chosen by our owner and winemaker will be sent to you; Single Varietal Club, only one varietal which you choose will be sent to you from our list of available wines. Along with Club Type, you have chosen to receive a specific increment of wine half yearly: 6 or 12 bottles. The level of half yearly committed bottle count (6 or 12) defines your discount amount off the retail price; 6 bottles half yearly receives 10% discount, and 12 bottles half yearly receives 15% discount off retail pricing. The combination of these two variables is how we define your membership category and is amendable up to 2 weeks prior to any half yearly shipment.
2. Unless affected by unforeseen logistic circumstance, we charge your credit card on file half yearly on the 1st of: April and October.
3. The wine is dispatched within 5 days of your credit card being processed. You will receive an email confirming your wine club shipment is on its way.
4. You authorise Wooing Tree Vineyard to charge your credit card in the amounts appropriate for your Wine Club membership, including shipping, when applicable.
5. Credit Card details will be stored securely via a third party, Stripe.
6. After one year, you may cancel your membership by written email notice to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time up to two weeks prior to a shipment. Members who send a cancellation request less than two weeks prior to a shipment will still be charged for and sent that shipment, and the cancellation will be implemented afterwards.
7. If you cancel your membership before receiving two half yearly wine club shipments, that is viewed as an early termination. Early terminations are subject to a fee of $20.
8. You can downgrade your membership to a minimum of 6 bottles half yearly by email notice any time up to two weeks before a shipment. Email: email@example.com.
9. Wine Club Members are responsible for notifying Wooing Tree Vineyard of any delivery address changes. Members will be reminded half yearly to update their delivery details in the half yearly email announcing the coming Wine Club shipment.
10. Wine Club Members are responsible for updating their payment details via their online profile on our website. Members whose orders decline payment will be immediately issued an email notifying them of the declined payment from firstname.lastname@example.org. Declined orders do not constitute a membership being on-hold. Members will be reminded half yearly to update their payment details in the half yearly email announcing the coming Wine Club shipment.
11. You can put your membership on hold for a maximum of 6 months at any time prior to 2 weeks before the 1st of April and October. On Hold requests after that time will be charged and sent the shipment that corresponds with that quarter. On Hold requests should be emailed to email@example.com.
12. By joining the Wooing Tree Wine Club, you are declaring that you are the legal age of alochol consumption in your home country and the country of delivery.
13. By joining the Wooing Tree Wine Club you understand that the contact details you provide will be used to send correspondence regarding membership updates, exclusive event invitations and other information pertaining to your membership. These details will be added to the Wooing Tree database and stored securely. They will never be rented to any third parties.
14. Wine Club discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions.
15. Price of the wine in a Wine Club shipment is the price of each wine stated on our website at the time of shipment: April and October.
16. Please see our FAQs for further details on how the Wooing Tree Wine Club works.