- This ultra premium wine is from very low yielding vines and only made in limited quantities.
- Family owned and run, single vineyard site.
- Winemaker: Peter Bartle
- Harvest Dates: 8th April 2012, all hand picked.
- Clones: 115
- Very low yielding vines
- Brix at Harvest: 24
- Wine Titratable Acidity: 6.16g/l
- Wine pH: 3.68
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- The grapes were cold soaked for 5 to 7 days
- Hand plunged 3 times a day at peak of fermentation.
- 100% French oak for 13 months, 30% new
- Malolactic fermentation in barrel, Minimal filtering, no fining
- Bottled 25thJune 2013, 240 dozen produced
- You must provide a valid email address to join the waitlist for this product
Wooing Tree – Sandstorm Reserve – 2012
Cromwell’s Wooing Tree, is a family owned single vineyard site, located in the heart of Central Otago, the wine region fast becoming known for its top quality Pinot Noir. For many thousands of years Cromwell has been subjected to sandstorms during strong NW winds. Wind blown sands form Cromwell’s unique habitat as one of the only inland sand dunes in New Zealand. The development of Wooing Tree vineyard created a few sandstorms of its own.
Especially low yielding ripe hand picked fruit, gentle winemaking and extended maturation in French oak have resulted in a complex and powerful wine. It has aromas of ripe cherries and plums, a rich and silky smooth palate and a long spicy finish. A great example of one of the best Central Otago Pinot Noirs – Best rewards are gained by careful cellaring.
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available
- 5 Stars, Michael Cooper
- 5 Stars, Raymond Chan
- 5 Stars, 95/100 Bob Campbell MW
- 92/100 Cameron Douglas
- Outstanding, Mark Henderson ODT