- Family owned and run, single vineyard site.
- Winemaker: Peter Bartle
- Harvest: 25th March to 11th April 2014 all handpicked.
- Clones: 115, 777, and Abel
- Brix at Harvest: pH 3.6, TA 5.93g/l
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- 5% whole bunch fermentation
- Grapes were cold soaked for 5 to 7 days
- Hand plunged 3 times a day at peak of fermentation.
- 100% French oak for 10 months, 29% new oak
- Malolactic fermentation in barrel
- Minimal filtering
- Bottled 9th March 2015
Wooing Tree – Pinot Noir – 2014
Gold Medal, Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2017
Tasting NotesRipe hand picked fruit, gentle winemaking and maturation in French oak have resulted in a complex and powerful wine, with aromas of ripe cherries, plums and a hint of spicy complexity. On the palate this wine has supple, soft and textural tannins with good weight and persistence. Excellent value, drinking fantastically well now and will develop and cellar for several years.
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available
- 5 Stars, Raymond Chan
- Gold Medal, Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2017
- Gold Medal, Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2017
- Silver Medal, International Wine Challenge, 2018
- Silver Medal, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2017
- Silver Medal, Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2017
- Bronze Medal, Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wines and spirits Competition.
- Bronze Medal, NZ International Wine Show 2017
- Bronze Medal, Australia and New Zealand Boutique Wine Show 2017
- 4 Stars, Winestate Magazine 2017
- 4 Stars, Cusine Magazine
- Excellent to Outstanding, Mark Henderson ODT