- Family owned and run, single vineyard site.
- Winemaker: Peter Bartle
- Harvest: 2nd to 7th April 2013 all handpicked.
- Clones: 115, 777, 667, 6, 5
- Brix at Harvest: 25, pH 3.55, TA 6.2g/l
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- 4% whole bunch fermentation
- Grapes were cold soaked for 5 to 7 days
- Hand plunged 3 times a day at peak of fermentation.
- 100% French oak for 10 months, 30% new oak
- Malolactic fermentation in barrel
- Minimal filtering
- Bottled 3rd March 2014
Wooing Tree – Pinot Noir – 2013
Trophy – Hong Kong International Wines & Spirits Competition
Ripe hand picked fruit, gentle winemaking and maturation in French oak have resulted in a complex and powerful wine, with aromas of ripe cherries, raspberries and Black Doris plums, a rich and silky smooth palate with fine grainy tannins to match the fruit. Excellent value, drinking fantastically well now and will develop and cellar for several years.
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available
- Trophy, Best Wine with Wagyu Beef Teppenyaki, Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine and Spirit’s Competition
- Otago Wine of the Year 2016 , New York International Wine Competition
- Gold Medal, Texsom International Wine Awards USA, 2016
- Gold Medal, 2016 Australian and New Zealand Boutique Wine Show
- 93+/100, Greg Sherwood MW
- 92/100 Cameron Douglas MS
- 92/100 Bob Campbell MW
- 92/100 Wine Spectator 2017
- 5 Stars Michael Cooper’s Wine Buyer’s Guide 2015
- 5 Stars Sam Kim 95/100
- 4 Stars Cuisine Magazine
- 4 Stars Winestate Magazine
- Silver Medal, IWSC London 2016
- Silver Medal, Decanter Wine Awards 2017