- Family owned and run, single vineyard site.
- Winemaker: Peter Bartle
- Harvest: 2nd to 7th April 2013 all handpicked.
- Clones: 115, 777, 667, 6, 5
- Brix at Harvest: 25, pH 3.55, TA 6.2g/l
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- 4% whole bunch fermentation
- Grapes were cold soaked for 5 to 7 days
- Hand plunged 3 times a day at peak of fermentation.
- 100% French oak for 10 months, 30% new oak
- Malolactic fermentation in barrel
- Minimal filtering
- Bottled 3rd March 2014
Wooing Tree – Pinot Noir – 2013
Trophy – Hong Kong International Wines & Spirits Competition
Ripe hand picked fruit, gentle winemaking and maturation in French oak have resulted in a complex and powerful wine, with aromas of ripe cherries, raspberries and Black Doris plums, a rich and silky smooth palate with fine grainy tannins to match the fruit. Excellent value, drinking fantastically well now and will develop and cellar for several years.
Individual Bottle, Case (12 Bottles)
- Trophy, Best Wine with Wagyu Beef Teppenyaki, Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine and Spirit’s Competition
- Otago Wine of the Year 2016 , New York International Wine Competition
- Gold Medal, Texsom International Wine Awards USA, 2016
- Gold Medal, 2016 Australian and New Zealand Boutique Wine Show
- 93+/100, Greg Sherwood MW
- 92/100 Cameron Douglas MS
- 92/100 Bob Campbell MW
- 92/100 Wine Spectator 2017
- 5 Stars Michael Cooper’s Wine Buyer’s Guide 2015
- 5 Stars Sam Kim 95/100
- 4 Stars Cuisine Magazine
- 4 Stars Winestate Magazine
- Silver Medal, IWSC London 2016
- Silver Medal, Decanter Wine Awards 2017