- Family owned and run, single vineyard site.
- Winemaker: Peter Bartle
- Harvest Dates: 31st March to 5th April 2017, all handpicked.
- Clones: 115, 6, 667, and 777
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA 5.5g/l., pH 3.65
- The grapes were cold soaked
- Hand plunged 3 times a day at peak of fermentation.
- 100% French oak for 9 months, 24% new oak
- Malolactic fermentation in barrel
- No fining minimal filtration
- Bottled 2nd Feb 2018
Wooing Tree – Beetle Juice Pinot Noir – 2017
Ripe hand picked fruit, gentle winemaking and maturation in French oak have resulted in an attractive wine with aromas of smoky bramble and Christmas cake spice, with textural fine grainy tannins to match the fruit on the palate together with good focus and length. Excellent value, drinking fantastically well now and will develop and cellar for several years.
- Gold Medal NZ International Wine Show 2017
- 4 Stars Raymond Chan