- Family owned and run, single vineyard site.
- Winemaker: Peter Bartle
- Harvest Dates: 2nd to 6th April 2016, all handpicked.
- Clones: 115, 6, 667, 777 and Abel
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- 7% whole bunch ferment
- The grapes were cold soaked
- Hand plunged 3 times a day at peak of fermentation.
- 100% French oak for 9 months, 34% new oak
- Malolactic fermentation in barrel
- No fining minimal filtration
- Bottled 16th Mar 2016
Wooing Tree – Beetle Juice Pinot Noir – 2016
Ripe hand picked fruit, gentle winemaking and maturation in French oak have resulted in an attractive wine with aromas of violets and Christmas cake spice, with textural fine grainy tannins to match the fruit on the palate together with good focus and length. Excellent value, drinking fantastically well now and will develop and cellar for several years.
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available
- Gold Medal NZ International Wine Show 2017
- 4 Stars Raymond Chan