- Family owned and run, single vineyard site.
- Winemaker: Peter Bartle
- Harvest Dates: 7th to 11th April 2015, all handpicked.
- Clones: 115, 6, 667, 777 and Abel
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- 1% whole bunch ferment
- The grapes were cold soaked
- Hand plunged 3 times a day at peak of fermentation.
- 100% French oak for 9 months, 25% new oak
- Malolactic fermentation in barrel
- No fining minimal filtration
- Bottled 19th Feb 2015
Wooing Tree – Beetle Juice Pinot Noir – 2015
Ripe hand picked fruit, gentle winemaking and maturation in French oak, have resulted in an attractive wine, with aromas of ripe cherries, raspberries and Black Doris plums, a rich and silky smooth palate with fine grainy tannins to match the fruit. Excellent value, drinking fantastically well now and will develop and cellar for several years.
Individual Bottle, Case (12 Bottles)
- Mark Henderson, Otago Daily Times, Very good to excellent
- Silver Medal, Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2016
- Silver Medal, Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2017
- 4 Stars Michael Coopers Buyers Guide 2017
- 4 Stars Raymond Chan