- Family owned and run, single vineyard site.
- Winemaker: Peter Bartle
- Harvest Dates: 7th to 11th April 2015, all handpicked.
- Clones: 115, 6, 667, 777 and Abel
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- 1% whole bunch ferment
- The grapes were cold soaked
- Hand plunged 3 times a day at peak of fermentation.
- 100% French oak for 9 months, 25% new oak
- Malolactic fermentation in barrel
- No fining minimal filtration
- Bottled 19th Feb 2015
Wooing Tree – Beetle Juice Pinot Noir – 2015
Ripe hand picked fruit, gentle winemaking and maturation in French oak, have resulted in an attractive wine, with aromas of ripe cherries, raspberries and Black Doris plums, a rich and silky smooth palate with fine grainy tannins to match the fruit. Excellent value, drinking fantastically well now and will develop and cellar for several years.
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available
- Mark Henderson, Otago Daily Times, Very good to excellent
- Silver Medal, Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2016
- Silver Medal, Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2017
- 4 Stars Michael Coopers Buyers Guide 2017
- 4 Stars Raymond Chan